Admissions process for Gr R and Grades 2 – 7 for 2022
- The admissions period will be from 10 August 2021 to 29 October 2021.
- Placement of learners will be prioritized as per the new Admissions Regulations i.e.
- It is thus no longer first-come-first-served and it is not necessary for parents to queue to hand in applications on the first day.
- Forms are available here – Springvale Learner Information Form and from Security at Gate 2.
- Completed forms must be handed in at security at Gate 2 in a sealed envelope with the child’s name and surname and the grade applied for. All information must be completed as this is required by the GDE.
- Security will not be responsible for checking documents but will issue a receipt with the date and a receipt number which should be recorded on the envelope by the parent. Please bring your own black pen.
- Documents will be checked and verified by the admin office.
- Parents will be mailed a confirmation that documents have been received and alerted to any documents that are missing/ incomplete/ incorrect. Corrected/missing documents must be submitted before the end of the admissions period.
- Waiting lists will be compiled at the end of the admissions period according to the proximity of home addresses to school.
- No e-mailed forms will be accepted.
- At the end of the admissions period, Grade R applicants will be offered placement which must be accepted in writing within 7 days.
- Applicants for grades 2 – 7 will only be placed once we are notified of learners leaving as the school is currently full for all grades. This usually only happens at the end of the year.
- Documentation required:
- Birth Certificate of child – certified
- IDs of both parents – certified. If the second parent is not available, an affidavit to this effect is required.
- Proof of address must preferably be a municipal/ utilities account with your name and ID number. Telephone accounts/ bank accounts that have been FICA/ RICA checked and formal rental agreements are also acceptable. Applicants staying with relatives need to supply an affidavit to this effect, the relevant municipal account and the certified ID copy of the relative.
- Copy of the child’s clinic card, the immunization pages are most important.
- Copy of the latest school report (compulsory for Grades 2 – 7, Grade R if available)
First - Home address closest to school within the Feeder Zone
Second - Sibling at school
Third - Work address closest to school within the Feeder Zone
Fourth - Home address within 30km
All applicants in each category are placed before the next category is considered. Late applications will only be considered once the applications received during the admissions period have been placed.
ANY LOGOS FOR ADVERTISING INCOME!